
Jim Crammond, BEST FATHER IN THE WORLD by day and amateur hand-tools woodworker by afternoon/evening , just sent me this SUPER DUPER exciting email:
Hiya Linzo,
You are the first kid on your block to have access to the new marking gauge article in the Feb 2010 issue of Pop. Woodworking. What do you think?
Love, Dad
You are the first kid on your block to have access to the new marking gauge article in the Feb 2010 issue of Pop. Woodworking. What do you think?
Love, Dad
!!!!!
Woodworking using antique hand-tools is simply a hobby for my Pops, but in the last few years he's become a bit more active in the teaching and publishing side of it. This article is a SUPER BIG DEAL for us because JC's just a dude, with an extremely hip, intelligent, supportive ESL teacher of a daughter, who likes to make beautiful things out of wood after working all day along the railroad. And and and! Popular Woodworking is, like, the The Beatles of the woodworking publications. The TESOL of the field, for those of you who feel more comfortable speaking in terms of Applied Linguistics. The Chanel ballet flat of the genre, if you will.
My house (and Rachel's!) is chocked full of JC originals, including my bookshelf, rocking chair, and most of my side slash end slash coffee tables:


I even got a nod in his writer's blurb thingy!
By day, Jim Crammond supports himself as a civil engineer... His avocation is learning about and practicing hand-tool woodworking and Windsor chairmaking. He prefers to work in period styles, espeically Queen Anne and Federal, but much of his recent output has been dictated by the domestic needs of his twenty-something daughter.
Early-on in the process, I suggested that he submit this photo as his headshot for the story:
However, that was met with an emphatic no. I LOVE YOU TOO, JC!!!
It's a proud day for us Crammonds.
Woodworking using antique hand-tools is simply a hobby for my Pops, but in the last few years he's become a bit more active in the teaching and publishing side of it. This article is a SUPER BIG DEAL for us because JC's just a dude, with an extremely hip, intelligent, supportive ESL teacher of a daughter, who likes to make beautiful things out of wood after working all day along the railroad. And and and! Popular Woodworking is, like, the The Beatles of the woodworking publications. The TESOL of the field, for those of you who feel more comfortable speaking in terms of Applied Linguistics. The Chanel ballet flat of the genre, if you will.
My house (and Rachel's!) is chocked full of JC originals, including my bookshelf, rocking chair, and most of my side slash end slash coffee tables:
I even got a nod in his writer's blurb thingy!
By day, Jim Crammond supports himself as a civil engineer... His avocation is learning about and practicing hand-tool woodworking and Windsor chairmaking. He prefers to work in period styles, espeically Queen Anne and Federal, but much of his recent output has been dictated by the domestic needs of his twenty-something daughter.
Early-on in the process, I suggested that he submit this photo as his headshot for the story:
However, that was met with an emphatic no. I LOVE YOU TOO, JC!!!It's a proud day for us Crammonds.
8 comments:
I'm super pumped! I cannot wait until it hits the newsstands!
ooooh, congrats to your dad! that's awesome!
Thanks, dudes! Party at your local newsstand February 2010!!!
How exciting! Your dads a cool dude.
Ps.
The BBW dress is AWESOME. So comfy and very soft. Its not ribbed, but it looks they have one on their site on sale that is. I wore it last night and got a million compliments. I love it because it can be worn dressed up or down. Hope this helps!
That is so fantastic! I love love love my JC original : )
Dude, Linds, that's because your JC original has a secret compartment for storing porn and drugs!
too bad he didn't go with the picture. your back bones look AMAZING in it.
Hahaha. Ohhh boy.
Post a Comment