It's hot.

It's been a hot busy hot busy hot past couple of days here, and I think everyone (Dudley specifically) is feeling a little bit crankypants this evening.  Were it not for the pale pink roses and snapdragons, leftover from Best. Birthday. Party. Ever., I'd be ten kinds of a grouchball right now.  Thanks, Flowers!  You rule!

9 comments:

rafe said...

Hot DAMN. I'm still a little sweaty from that B.A.D. ass party. And BTdubbs - that new fancy pants camera does WONDERS for the blog pictures.

Hello Lindello said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Its wicked HOT here too. Can't catch a break from this heat!

Lindsay said...

THANKS, Rafe. I'm generally pretty pleased with the results. Although, GOODNESS, I need to learn how to use this contraption!

And, OMG KATE, today was SO ridiculously hot. In my barely air-conditioned classroom. Full of heat-producing bodies. Oi.

I'm Revolting said...

Just discovered your blog and have decided to love you from afar.

Lindsay said...

Awwwww, THANKS!

jennifer said...

Ugh, I feel ya. I just returned from San Francisco to a heatwave on the east coast. FML.

Poor Dudley! Has he been lying on the cool tiles a lot? That's what my cats seem to do when it's hot out.

Lindsay said...

Hahaha, dude, they don't even MOVE in this heat. They just sort of lay around on their backs and look miserable. Although, I make myself feel a little better by remembering that cats ARE desert animals. So, heat's no thang, right?!

jennifer said...

It's true. They are desert animals (something I only recently learned). That might also explain why my cats sometimes just lay about in the hottest room of the house when there are cooler options.

Lindsay said...

Totally! AND, they do this ridiculous thing where they burrow inside this wicker cat pod I've got when it's, like, 100 degrees out. In a ball. The hotter the better.