I have a long and storied history of killing succulents. I've tossed more dead jade plants into the garbage than I care to remember. Really, I think it's just that I love them too much. The light was awfully pretty last night, & I got this shot of my current collection lined up in the window. This is the sort of evening light that confuses a gal into believing that she's not a serial cacti murderer. Sigh.
4 comments:
dear lindsay,
you're not the only succulent murderer... i also must admit i've killed my share of jades and other species of the most beautiful strand of cacti there is. i currently have one on my desk here at work and so far it looks happy. i just think sometimes green things want as much water as i do, but alas not. good luck!
from, katie
Hahahaha. WHY DON'T THEY WANT AS MUCH WATER AS I THINK THEY SHOULD?!? Cacti are confusing!
that's why men, myself included, do so well with cacti and succulents: we give them love (aka water) sporadically and they still do great. they are great plants for the busy fellow on the go that has no time for nonsense.
WTF, TELL ME ABOUT IT....my little succulent that i acquired 16+ months ago from the Garfield Pk conservatory just recently started going south. UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Post a Comment