Make way for the lady with the Illinois Identification Card!

Ladies and germs, it is official.  After 4 years and 237 days in Chicago, I am finally a real, live resident of this fine state of Illinois.  That's to say that I am an identification-card carrying, non-driving, voting member of the Land of Lincoln.  2 months worth of schlepping around to sorry government agencies and a new birth certificate, social security card, voter id, & 20 buckaroos later, I now, wholly and officially, have an identity in the state of Illinois.  The picture-taker dude even let me smile for my big moment!!!

And, as it turns out, it is close to impossible to take a reasonable, information-less Photobooth shot of an ID:
It's been a big day today.  A BIG BIG day.

8 comments:

Celeste said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Thanks, Dudette!!!!

hellolindello said...

holllllaah!

Megan said...

AWWWW--CHECK YOU OUT! and just in time for voting day! or at least it's voting day (uh, I mean election day, duh) for us in PA next Tuesday...get to go into work let hip hip! btw, I have no idea where my social security card is...me thinks that's bad......

Megan said...

oh, meant to say "late"...go into work late

Lindsay said...

Hahaha. Sadly, our primaries were, like, months ago. Apparently, Illinois's wonky. And, DUDE, get on your social security card!!! Speaking from experience, you want to have that shit readily available, else you'll be like me and suddenly all expired identifications and no way to renew. Gaaah!

jennifer said...

hey, hey! congratulations!!! it took me close to that long to get a PA license after i moved to philly. all because some person at the social security office long ago failed to match my correct birth date to my social security number.

Eunice said...

and joining the club of people losing their social security card! argh, i'm living on expire driver's license and non-expired passport.