Ramona Quimby Book Club


Rachel & I have spent a better part of the last two weeks musing about how awesome Beverly Cleary's Ramona books are.  So life-changing-ly rad, in fact, that I may or may not have a cat and a blog named after said series (and, equally, this).  All of this excitement, and subsequent internet searching, has led me to need to say two things:

1. Ramona tattoos are WAY AWES.

And, as an extension, the chicks who get them must be WAY KILLER: A, B, C

2. For the last 10 years, I have been under the impression that a Ramona television show was a figment of my imagination.  I've always figured that visual memories I have of Ramona must have been, somehow, conceived in my overly colorful 9-year-old mind.  

Not so!  It existed!  Redemption!


God, her bob is so damn cute.  Ramona Quimby, age 8, I love you.

15 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm kind of excited about the book club prospect because I have never read the books (GASP!)

Also, I agree that the tattoos are incredible. The first one kind of looks like anime. Believe me, I would know. I see a lot of Japanese cartoons around here.

Lindsay said...

YOU WANT IN?!? Rachel & thought we could probably just read the entire series in a weekend. Hahaha. After doing a bit more research, however, it turns out that there are, like, 8 books. So maybe 2 weekends? Last summer, I read all of Chabon, this summer, all of Ramona.

Aren't those illustrations GOOD? They're from the first editions of early books, I think. I really, really love them. And the illustrations from the Dell Yearling editions, like at the top.

cg3 said...

Can't say I read Ramona, but I was a huge fan of Cleary's trilogy featuring Ralph S. Mouse and his motorcycle.

Lindsay said...

Yes, yes. The MALE version of Ramona. Awesome. Maybe this should be the summer where we all re-read our Beverly Cleary faves again?

Hello Lindello said...

I loved Ramona as a child. When I first came across your blog I thought of this book right away. Those tats are way cool too.

Melissa said...

AHHH I REMEMBER THAT SHOW!

Violet said...

Hey! That's my tattoo! :) All Hail Ramona and the people who love her!

Lindsay said...

AWESOME! I LOVE IT! I hope it's ok that I used your image!!!

Anonymous said...

um, I love those books. and read them all. don't you just love when she squeezed out the toothpaste! or when she ate the first apple bites? or when she got her dad to quit smoking! aww, the scrapes that girl got into...

-mbg

caroline said...

oh this is great. i remember being in second grade and being obsessed with ramona. & my second grade teacher would show us that ramona video and loved her. i wanted to be her in her little raincoat and rainboots. sigh. nostalgia. makes me want to look for dvds on ebay.

Grow Books Press said...

YES YES YES!!! I'm going to go to Myopic today after Yoga and purchase the books I no longer have.

BTW I think we should have a post of our childhood pics where we most resemble Ramona.

I think we should also make a Ramona Quimby Book Club tote bag.

I'm so excited I could pee my pants!!

Lindsay said...

Ok! Ok! Ok! Ok!

Violet said...

Of course it's okay! :) Yay Ramona!

Megan said...

this is adorable...I see her bob and think of you, meaning you could totally rock that

seesaw said...

too cutie.