Stevie Nicks, my 2009 heart belongs to you.

2009 has been a quite the year for me.  Quite the year.  It's been adjective after adjective, namely challenging, exciting, troublesome, happy happy happy, disappointing and mostly just, as always, a total giggle-attack.  While I'd really prefer to not add an extra layer of sentimentality here, I do think that a one Miss Stevie Nicks played a notable role in the last 365 days of my life.  Thank you to Cat Party and my well-versed-in-the-ways-of-The-Dance pals for this.  It's been nice to remember the 16 year old version of Lindsay, laying on the floor of her bedroom worshiping Tusk.

These are the 3 songs that have meant the most to me this year:

Storms



(Always always always always)

Leather and Lace



(Listen through to the very end A) because you should and B) because I want so badly to attend a Stevie Nicks-curated garage sale: 'Believe me, when I stop singing, I'm gonna' have a garage sale like you're not gonna' believe.  We're talking chiffon, chiffon, and more chiffon.')

Silver Springs

 

(DUH!)

As Dorie, THE BEST YOGA TEACHER IN THE WHOLE WORLD, says, 'May we honor our past and face our future with intention.'  And, also, let's all cross our fingers that Bruce Springsteen will be my 2010 boyfriend. 

3 comments:

Megan said...

hahahahaha maybe Max Weinberg can be mine? juuuust kidding...he creeps me out.

Jenn said...

So what Dorie is saying is...don't walk backwards. Right? Am I right?

Lindsay said...

Hahahaha. Max Weinberg. Hahahaha.

And, yes, Dorie is telling us to NOT walk backwards. That's her thesis. And, also, probably, that we should crab-walk everywhere. Like that crazy Matrix-esque move that we do sometimes. Hahaha.