Yes, the Thanksgiving holiday may or may not have been exactly 14 days ago. However, that's not going to stop me from posting this sort of incredible set of photos that my Mumma sent my way tonight. This year's Thanksgiving-of-awe-and-wonder was spent in Chicago at my humble abode. My 3 parents rolled in from Michigan to celebrate with the cats & I, punctuated by a Rachel guest appearance later in the evening. Rachel, was it totaly awk when you joined the fam at 4.30 in the afternoon to find us all sleeping and/or wrapped in blankets and/or drunk? I can only imagine.
One of us, apparently, thought to take a quick picture of the damage post-feast. WAY GROSS:
But but but, I GOT HER BACK! The perks of having an extra bed stashed away in the dining room are A) guests have a place to sleep that's not in my bed (I'm an only child; I don't do sharing well.), 2) I can eat a big, awesome meal and then nap immediately after. My mother took advantage of this. I only wish you could see the turkey carcass in the foreground better:
Either way, 2 weeks later, I am still thankful for my super-bombass family and my handsome cat-brood and my killer students and my lovely, lovely pals.
No comments:
Post a Comment