While my Christmas morning was not filled with Barbies or kittens or dollhouses or paper dolls, as every 26-year-old naturally dreams, I did receive a RAD package stuffed full of estate-sale doilies from my Father*. A lovely Christmas surprise, indeed!
*I'll very likely attempt to take a few shots of my doilies tomorrow, as they're rather awesome.

3 comments:
I still, at 23, am secretly fascinated w/Barbie, and wish it was still cool to play w/them...I mean, come on, a stellar wardrobe and a hot boyfriend? and an awesome house? duh.
I have this really vivid memory of when I was younger, and my Barbie had those like tight 90s mini-dresses with the bright colors that the homegirls used to wear on those dance party shows on MTV (and the chicks in that Sir Mix-a-Lot video)...I dreamed once that I had a whole closet full of them (at like 6 years old), and then was super pissed off when I woke up and they weren't there
How cute is it that your dad bought you vintage doilies? So cute.
What! NO Barbie?
Doilies are pretty cool though. Their applications are practically limitless......What a thoughtful Dad you have.
Post a Comment