Thanks to you, Public Broadcasting System, for never failing to provide the sort of quality programming that one can enjoy with one's family the night before Thanksgiving. There are few experiences worth savoring quite as much as consuming a bottle of red wine and getting geeked about folk music with one's father whilst watching a beautiful tribute to Woody Guthrie on public television.
Let's all raise a glass in honor of you, American Masters. I love you, PBS.
Let's all raise a glass in honor of you, American Masters. I love you, PBS.
4 comments:
that sounds like the perrrrfect Thanksgiving...made me remember to check what is slated for Masterpiece Classic this year: Emma and Cranford 2! SO exciteddddd! plus amused that PBS would put a "2" in a name of one of their MC movies, but whatever...
Hahaha. Emma and Cranford Part Deux. Awesome. Do you ever watch Prime Suspect? That is my FAVORITE THING EVER. They sometimes show it on Masterpiece Mystery. It's SO worth netflixing.
no, I haven't watched Prime Suspect, but I do enjoy Inspector Lewis...and that second dude in command I find rather attractive, in light of his stoicism...I think I just have a thing against Helen Mirren after I fell asleep on two separate occasions trying to watch the Queen (sorry, I just thought it was a snoozefest), and after this dude I was into said he found her foxy in Caligua...I guess I was major jeals...but she does have a saucy haircut in that series...
Hahaha. Yeah, I hear you. Helen Mirren can be a bit of a... gentle actress. If you like crime drama at all, though, Prime Suspect is the BEST. I've never seen Inspector Lewis. I should probably go and get that immediately.
Post a Comment