I may or may not have watched the The Celebrity Apprentice last night.




I've noticed lately, on ambles through my hood, that the lights have been out at the Blagojevich abode down the street.  A nosy neighbor, I like to keep an eye on my comrade Sunnysiders.  After snooping a bit more, I further observed that a certain 1988 Volvo has been serially absent from its street spot out front.  'Something must be up!' I have exclaimed to myself on multiple occasions.  As it were, it appears that a one Mr. Rod Blagojevich is currently traipsing the streets of New York starring in this season's Celebrity Apprentice, which premiered last night.

And, Lordy Lou!  That Rod Blagojevich! 

First, watch the above video.  Then, imagine him pulling that shit on the sidewalks of Albany Park during an afternoon jog, criscossing the side-streets in order to hunt down and greet every possible constiuent, waving at whoever'll make eye contact with him, big hair flapping all the while.  And then welcome to my life. 

9 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

I love how your keeping tabs on him. Why not I guess? I'm sooooooo nosy. I'm gonna be that old lady on the block that is constantly looking peeking out her windows.

PS.This show looks SO WHACK. Which is probably why I would love it...

Lindsay said...

Oh god, I KNOW. It's absurd! I'm always standing behind my living room shears, poking my nose into the business of my neighbors across the street. It comforts me when I watch too many crime shows and start to feel nervous about being a single lady living alone in the city.

And I'm TERRIBLE about Blagojevich's house, since it was a hotbed of media attention last winter. I all slow down when I'm walking by and try to see if anything's going on inside. Which, admittedly, is WAY CREEPY.

And, yes, the show is 'whack.' In an awesome way.

Jenn said...

Forget side-streets...we watched him pull that crap on Western! Crossed four lanes of traffic to wave at people in his blue jumpsuit like a total jackass.

juan said...

when i lived in albany park, i was walking the dogs once and he was jogging. he was saying hi and waving to everyone like a hollywood actress. THIS HAPPENED AFTER HE WAS IMPEACHED. my neighbor started screaming obscenities at him, and he kept smiling. it was bizarre.

Lindsay said...

He's SOMETHING, that Blagojevich. Did you two ever have the pleasure of witnessing him out jogging, whilst still governing this fine state, with his secret serviceman riding a bike 50 feet behind him? It was sort of precious.

Megan said...

I was WONDERING why you mentioned him...makes sense now...you must live in a pretty sawheet part of the city then......damn, the video's not playing for me...just saw the ad...I'll take your word for it and assume it's amusing...

and I didn't know until like a week or two ago that his name was "Blahwhateveritis"...I always thought it was "Rob" "Mah-goy-o-vich"...just shows how much I read the news, as opposed to getting all my information off of Colbert and the late night talk shows...

AND I will admit that when I didn't have cable, I watched his wife once or twice on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here," out of sheer boredom...she actually seems pretty normal, as far as politician's wives go...

Megan said...

meant "politicians' wives"...I hate when I don't double-check my work, Miss!

Megan said...

hahahaha I love Joan Rivers...her death sentence comment is the best part of that clip

Lindsay said...

Oh MAN, I totally watched Patty on 'I'm a Celebrity! Get me out of here!' too! She was completely a legit chick, minus the adult pigtails. AND I was SUPER JAZZED to hear her talk all about when Blago was arrested/impeached and the media just TOOK OVER our street, helicopters flying above, news vans out front. They live on the same street as me, about a block and half down, and it was like our neighborhood had exploded when it all went down. It was kind of neat to hear her talk about it ON A REALITY TELEVISION SHOW.