Since most new folks that I meet are SUPER DUPER CURIOUS about what a community-based ESL classroom in Chicago looks like (not really), I thought I'd get some pictures for posterity.
I can't imagine how AMAZING it is teaching adults...a clean classroom, them actually wanting to be there...and your layout of everything seems so neat! must be a crazy delicious time...
Yeeeeah, it's a pretty rad time. My job kind of RULEZZZ. The only thing about adults is that they get pretty sleepy in class, due to their RIDICULOUS schedules, so you have to make sure they're moving for 3 hours straight. And that your ESL stand-up comedy act is hilarious enough for them.
8 comments:
I can't imagine how AMAZING it is teaching adults...a clean classroom, them actually wanting to be there...and your layout of everything seems so neat! must be a crazy delicious time...
Yeeeeah, it's a pretty rad time. My job kind of RULEZZZ. The only thing about adults is that they get pretty sleepy in class, due to their RIDICULOUS schedules, so you have to make sure they're moving for 3 hours straight. And that your ESL stand-up comedy act is hilarious enough for them.
I love this post!
Is the Friday crayon lost?
Maaaaybe. I had to make a new one... (One of these things is not like the others!)
nice. i love the picture of all the chairs.
I love the D.I.Y. Friday.
love all of these pictures. i was about to ask you if i could go to the community center to check it out-i feel like i just did.
You can still come! And sit in on one of my classes! And be my special guest! And see, first hand, my Ecuadorian mancrush!
Post a Comment