Mama needs a new party dress...


The Eve of the New Year is upon us, and I need a new outfit! What I really want is the black wool Built by Wendy dress from last fall below, but, unfortunately, I'm no time-traveler. Apparently, I am also the only person on the internet who even cares about that dress, because I cannot find a single, decent picture of it other than this teensy one straight from the mouth of Built by Wendy (IT HAS GIGANTIC SHOULDER BOWS! HOW WAS NO ONE ELSE BLOWN AWAY BY ITS GENIUS?!?).

Maybe the answer is a new ruffled-plaid-partay-OUTFIT?

Tons of ruffles!?! EH? EH?

Sigh.

Pictures A, B, C, D.

7 comments:

Megan said...

first off, that skirt is totally fabulous, and I think you should buy it, if not for this holiday party season, then for another time...and you know I love that BBW ballet dress (though who doesn't love giant shoulder bows? the 80s did)...there's actually a cheaper version of said dress from the previous season somewhere...let me look in my bookmarks...eh, here we go...not the same, obviously, but similar and cheaper: http://www.shopadele.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=95246&Category_Code=D2

this Rodebjer dress is also pretty out-there and partyable: http://www.shopadele.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=cornelia&Category_Code=D2

oh, wait, it's a large...whatever, you get the joke...though if drunk enough, I might actually wear that...for the new year, totally

Hello Lindello said...

You cant go wrong with first. I just wore it this last weekend. SOOOOOO cute!!!

Megan said...

your prayers have been answered:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37211190

not quite bows for shoulders, but close...and just abt as awesome

Lindsay said...

I kind of think I'm going to have to get the ballet dress. I daydream about it far too often to not. And, I beeeelive that the one from Adele, Megan, IS indeed from this season! Which is awesome.

And, oh golly, that velvet dress RULES. All of her things rule, as always.

Lindsay said...

Well, Booooo! The dress on Adele is now sold out. FOILED.

Megan said...

whaaaaa?! that's super friggin lame...I hate when that shit happens

Lindsay said...

It's a tragedy.