Oh. God.


I really, really, really, really, really love Kris Kristofferson. A lot. Daytrotter has just recorded a superbly tender session with him that has me all weepy at 8.38 in the morn on a Friday. Sigh.

'The session lasted all of 20 minutes, but it's a special recording that aches with all of the aches that Kristofferson put into his newest record, "Closer To The Bone." To us, it sounds like an intimate snapshot, the likes of which Rick Rubin got from Johnny Cash multiple times near the end of his life. Hearing Kris with just a voice and a guitar is stunning...'

Big Sur Festival: One Hand Clapping with Joan Baez and Kris Kristofferson, from the 1972 Big Sur Folk Festival, has been my favorite-ever record since I was a lanky, goofy 14 year old. I have probably listened to it a gazillion times in the last 12 years, and it is just beautiful. It's not made on CD, and I've never run across it at record stores. As a lanky, goofy 26 year old, I feel very lucky to have my one, single, lovely copy. Sigh. Nostalgia.

No comments: