On Saturday night, I slept in a cemetary.


To state it using the least possible eloquence: I had a really rad time in Los Angeles.

This is because:

1. I purchased an SUPERCUTE lavender gingham cowboy shirt at the Los Feliz Goodwill, which tickles the shit out of me.

2. I consumed copious amounts of delish vegan fare.

3. My hair looked AWESOME due to the complete lack of humidity. It was fantastic.

4. I attended, quite possibly, the loveliest show in the history of wonderful shows: Bon Iver. With Megafaun. In a Hollywood cemetery. At dawn. In the fog. On my back. Cozy in a sleeping bag. Having just been blessed by a gaggle of Buddhist monks. 25 feet from the stage.

The event started at midnight and included a Justin Vernon curated DJ set, a 2.00 showing of Bottle Rocket, all you can drink free coffee, the Jungle installment of Planet Earth, a super-insane 30 minute monk-chanting-set, and mother f.ing Bon Iver playing the shit out of that cemetery. In typical Linzo fashion, I managed to sleep away at least 50% of the event, which was nothing less than awesome. Below are some sweet photos, stolen from here and here.

THANK YOU, JUSTIN VERNON & THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES, FOR BEING SO AWESOME AND HUMIDITY-FREE.

(I'm in 2 of the above 5 shots. CAN YOU FIND ME?)

No comments: